This guide shows how to install the Zaptec Sense with e-meter.
☝️ Installation of Zaptec Sense may only be performed by an authorized electrician.
How to set up Sense Generic
In the package, you will get a Zaptec Sense, a custom Micro USB cable, an adhesive magnet sheet, and double-sided tape.
In addition, the Sense requires 5V DC DIN rail power supply, minimal output current: 1A, and DIN rail digital energy meter. An unshielded CAT5e/CAT6 Ethernet cable is optional.
Sense supports several e-meters. Installation diagram for each model can be found here:
- EM111 installation diagram
- EM112 installation diagram
- EM330 installation diagram
- EM340 installation diagram
☝️ External equipment must be installed according to the installation manual provided by the manufacturer. The Modbus baud rate must be configured to 9.6 kbps.
Configure Sense in the Zaptec app
In addition to the physical installation, the Sense needs to be configured in the Zaptec app.
- In the app: go to Home and press the••• icon to Install product.
- Scan the QR- code on the back of the user guide and follow the instructions on the screen.
Zaptec Sense supports Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections. For Ethernet, connect the Ethernet cable to the RJ45 port.
- To adjust network settings after installation, hold your mobile phone near the Zaptec Sense device, open the Zaptec app and press the ••• icon to configure Zaptec Sense.
- If Zaptec Sense loses internet connectivity or is disconnected, the charging station will be set to provide minimum power (6A). Minimum power can be changed in the Zaptec portal.
When installing the e-meter, do I need to configure the e-meter? (Modbus related for the installer)
Which e-meter does Zaptec Sense support?
The Zaptec Sense can connect to either of these:
1 phase 100A DIN inline: EM112DINAV01XS1X1
3 phase 65A DIN inline: EM340DINAV23XS1X
1 phase, DIN, CT: EM111DINAV51XS1X
3 phase, DIN, CT: EM330DINAV53HS1X
3 phase, DIN, CT: UMG604-E
3 phase, panel-mount, CT: UMG96RM-E-RCM