This is a guide that shows how to install and configure Zaptec Pro.
Important! Installation must be done by an authorized installer.
Please note that this article is not a copy of the installation manual and that we recommend using the manual during installation. Download the installation manual, here.
👋 Installation videos for Zaptec Pro are at the bottom of the page.
Prepare installation in the Zaptec Portal
The first thing you need to do is to add the charger to the Zaptec Portal, so that the chargers can communicate with the cloud. To do so you must be an installer or partner. If you do not have service access, please contact our technical support team for help.
Here you can find more information about how to create new charge points in the portal.
After the charger is added to the Zaptec Portal you can start installing the charger on-site.
In addition to the charging station and backplate you will need, an 8mm socket wrench, a 7mm socket wrench, a 4mm Allan key, and a T10 Torx.
- Start with mounting the backplate on a flat surface.
- Connect the wires in accordance with the electrical system at the location.
- Test the installation with a female connection.
- Remove the front cover and position the charger on the backplate
- Switch on the power supply to check that the status indicator illuminates yellow. It will change to green after 2-3 min.
Note! When installing multiple Zaptec Pro chargers, remember that the circuit must supply power to all charging stations without going through any of the backplates. The backplates are not designed to handle currents higher than 40A.
Configure the charging station in Zaptec App
The last step is to configure the charger in the Zaptec App.
- In the app; go to "Home", click on the three-dot icon, and tap "Configure products".
- Enter the PIN code, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Configure the power grid and connect the charger to the network.
If the charging station does not come online, check that the network setup is in accordance with the network requirements in the chapter “Internet and Network Requirements” in the manual, or click here for more information.
Give access to the installation owner
Hand over the user manual, SmartKey, and final checklist to the owner.
Be sure to add the owner to the installation you created in the Zaptec Portal.
Want to watch more installation videos? 👇