User access in the Zaptec Portal is determined by the role the user has. This article will explain the different roles.
For Zaptec Pro, there are access levels on a charger or an installation. On Zaptec Go, there are only roles on the installation, as they are combined.
Roles on a charger
Below you can see the possible roles on a charger.
Note, on the Zaptec Go roles on a charger and installation are combined.
The owner of a charger can view who has access:
Roles on an installation
There are three different user roles. Each role has different rights and accesses.
The owner of an installation can view who has access:
What is the difference between owner, user and service access.
- User permission on a charger or installation allows for charging when authentication is required
- Does not provide an overview of the installation / charging station
- Users can see the charge history for all sessions registered on the account
- Zaptec Portal provides an overview of which installation/ charging stations the user role has been assigned
- Required to manage access, monitor status and view user data.
- Owner permission on a Zaptec charger allows you to view all charge history on the charger
- More features available in Zaptec Portal and App
Awarded to users who are set to manage facilities and act as a point of contact with the installer
- View the charge history for the entire installation
- Create charge reports
- Manage permissions
- Set authentication
- Upgrade firmware
- Subscribe to warning emails
- Enable power management funcitons
- The role does not allow you to change technical settings for either systems or charging stations
- Required for the installer to be able to keep track of technical settings for systems / charging stations
- Create new installations
- Add new chargers
- Enable power management functions
- Manage technical setting on installations and chargers
- Service permission is limited to authorized installers and service partners