What is authentication
Authentication is when the charging system is activated with user control.
If the charging system is activated with authentication, the users of the charging stations must authenticate themselves to the charging station in order to start charging.
The facility owner manages access in the Zaptec portal.
Authentication can be set up for the entire charging system or set up individually per charging station.
How to enable authentication on charging system?
Only administrators have access to enable authentication in the Zaptec portal.
- Log in to Zaptec portal.
- Click the Installations tab.
- Click on the installation in the list that you want to activate with authentication.
- Under Installation settings, click the Authentication tab.
- Select Authorization required.
- Click the Save button at the very bottom to activate.
Individually choose which charging stations should have authentication
It is possible to choose individual authentication on specific charging stations.
Not possible if the facility is affiliated with a payment operator.
If individual charging stations are deactivated with authentication,
charge report must be generated twice.
- Tap the charging station you want to deactivate with authentication.
- In the charging station settings tab, uncheck "Authorization Required".
- Press Save.
Start charging using the Zaptec app
Register charging card against my user profile
Use Zaptec app.
Manage Zaptec Portal
Only user with an owner role on the installation can manage accesses.
- Click on the installations tab, after logging in to the portal.
- Click on the installation in the list.
- Click the Access tab to give the user access to the entire charging system.
- Alternatively, click on the current charging station that the user should have access to.
- Click Grant Access.
- Enter email to the user in the search field, then click Search.
- Check to invite the user, then click Next.
- Check to select the role of the user, then click Next.
- Confirm the correct email address of the user, then click Save.
An invitation will be sent to the provided email address.
The user must accept and complete the registration in the received e-mail, for
to access the installation or charging station.
1. Click the Access tab.
2. Click on the icon .
3. Click OK.
Click the icon to change access to the selected user.
How do I know if the charging station requires authentication.
Status indicator light will go yellow when attempting charging.
Read more here.
This is managed in Zaptec Portal.
What is the difference between owner, user and service access.
- Owner access
The owner can see charge session and all charging history associated with charging stations in the system.
In order to see a detailed charging history specified on user profiles, the installation must be set up with authentication.
- Service access
Intended for installer and payment operators.
Overview of technical settings, can make changes to technical details.
No access to charging history and accesses.
Access to payment operator and installer
When using a payment operator, service access to the installation is required in order to link the installation to their payment solution.
The same applies to the installer.
Administrator assigns accesses.
- Select the Reseller tab and then enter the payment operator's lookup key. (A four-digit letter code)
- Click search.
- Select operator.
- Check and click next.
- Select service access and press next.
Frequently Asked Questions
Shared parking spaces with several users.
The charging system should be activated with authentication.
Give user access.
Each resident then has access to the installation with a user role. Now charging stations can be used independently.
Difference between authentication and authorization
In the portal, reference is made to both Authentication and Authorization.
If the installation has authorization required, it means that authentication is activated.
You can thus explain the same thing in several ways, for example by:
- that you authenticate a charge
- that you authorize to start charging
- that you authenticate the user before charging
- that the charging station requires authorization
Please read here.
The PIN code is used by the installer when setting up and configuring the charging station.
Charging does not start
Please read here.