This is a guide that shows how to connect Zaptec Sense to the internet.
For Zaptec Sense to work it needs to be connected to the internet. This can be set up during the installation process in the Zaptec app and does not need the be the same as on the charger. If the Sense is not connected to the Internet it will not be able to communicate with the Zaptec Portal.
- Zaptec Sense Generic supports internet WiFi 2.4GHz and ethernet cable.
- Zaptec Sense HAN only supports WiFi 2,4GHz.
☝️ Neither supports 4G or PLC.
- In the Zaptec App; Go to "Home", tap the icon in the top right corner, and choose "Install product"
- Scan the QR code on the back of the user guide and enter the PIN code.
- The app will now ask you to choose a network connection.
Note! If you are installing Sense Generic you will be able to choose between Ethernet or WiFi. But if you are installing Sense HAN you will only get the option to connect to Wi-Fi.
- After this you will continue with the rest of the configuration of the unit.
To adjust network settings after installation, hold your mobile phone near the Zaptec Sense device, open the Zaptec app and press the ••• icon to configure Zaptec Sense.
What happens if Zaptec Sense loses network connection?
If the Zaptec Sense goes offline, the current will drop down to the minimum power setting (6A) to avoid tripping any circuit breakers. Minimum power can be changed in the Zaptec portal.
Requirements and specifications
- Minimum signal strength per charging station: –75 dBm
- WiFi 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.11 b / g / n (static channels 1 to 11)
- For more detailed information about network, click here