For Zaptec Sense to work it needs to be connected to the internet. This can be set up during the installation process in the Zaptec app and does not need the be the same as on the charger.
If the Sense is not connected to the Internet it will not be able to communicate with the Zaptec Portal.
- Zaptec Sense Generic supports internet WiFi 2.4GHz and ethernet cable.
- Zaptec Sense HAN only supports WiFi 2,4GHz.
Requirements and specifications
- Minimum signal strength per charging station: –75 dBm
- WiFi 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.11 b / g / n (static channels 1 to 11)
- For more detailed information about network, click here
- Login to the Zaptec app
- Go to Home, tap the icon, and tap Install product
- Scan the QR code and enter the PIN code
- The app will now ask you to choose a network connection. For Zaptec Sense Generic you can choose Ethernet or WiFi. For Zaptec Sense HAN you can only choose WiFi
- After this you will continue with the rest of the configuration of the unit
To adjust network settings after installation, hold your mobile phone near the Zaptec Sense device, open the Zaptec app, and press the ••• icon to configure Zaptec Sense.
What happens if Zaptec Sense loses network connection?
If the Zaptec Sense goes offline, the current will drop down to the minimum power setting (6A) to avoid tripping any circuit breakers. Minimum power can be changed in the Zaptec portal.