Now that the UK Smart Regulations are in force, there may be times that you need to test a charger during the pre-set UK peak hour periods.
The current UK peak charging times are set between 08:00am to 11:00am and 4:00pm to 10:00pm.
This is not always convenient when conducting an installation during these times.
In order to conduct a test charge would require the Scheduled Charging function to be de-selected from the App.
There are a couple of simple ways that this can be done, here are two methods depending on if you need to charge straight away or set a particular time window to run a charger test.
- Before proceeding, you will need to know the charger PIN code.
- To complete these steps, you will need to be within Bluetooth range of the charger (<20m)
- Login to the Zaptec Portal via the App.
- Tap Chargers at the bottom of the screen, tap on the installation under INSTALLATIONS, then tap on the charger under CONNECTED CHARGERS, then tap on Advanced Settings.
- If you don’t see your charger under CONNECTED CHARGERS, then you can access it directly over Bluetooth via Home, (...) menu, Configure product. Select the charger (if prompted).
- Enter the PIN code and tap Next
- Go to the SCHEDULE section
- To disable scheduled charging, toggle the Scheduled charging switch off.
You will then be able to conduct test charges without having to wait for the off-peak period.
To set a specific time window to test charge or to set your own scheduled time, follow steps 1 to 4 above and then:
- Set the desired Start and Stop time.
- Tap Set
- Tap Save
- The charger will now only charge during the specified time(s). At other times, the charging session will be paused (indicated by a solid green light).
After completing test charges, by selecting the UK Smart Charging schedule and clicking Save, the charger will then charge during the off-peak hours which are between 10:00pm to 08:00am and 11:00am to 4:00pm.